Friday, April 4, 2008

Goldfish Crackers

I got a hot tip from a new acquaintance--whole wheat Goldfish crackers. He said that they were the worst crackers he'd ever tasted. I was intrigued, of course, so I bought a bag. Now, I won't lie to you, dear reader. They aren't the worst crackers I've ever tasted. They don't taste like cheddar (they are supposed to be cheddar flavor), but then, the regular cheddar-flavored Goldfish don't taste like cheddar either. They do have a bitter aftertaste. But, my sources indicate that I ate half the bag. So how bad could they be? I would compare these tiny crackers to the Oz books written by Ruth Plumly Thompson. Counterfeit, but still worth consuming.

2 comments:

Zeke said...

Just did a taste test along with some regular Goldfish ... ewwww. I stand by my original opinion. Next to whole grain Goldfish, regular Goldfish are cheesier than Cheetos.

Papa Bradstein said...

For the record, 3B loves these. So, in the 21-month-old demographic, they're a big hit. And unlike us adults, he still has all his tastebuds.