Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Trader Joe's Roasted Gorgonzola Flavored Oven Crisp Crackers
I had the good fortune to encounter Trader Joe's Roasted Gorgonzola crackers at a Christmas party recently. I tried them eagerly, because I love crackers and I love Gorgonzola. The crackers were tasty, but they had only the faintest hint of Gorgonzola flavor when they first hit the tongue. After that it's all salt and cracker.

I am a bit conflicted about cheese crackers anyway. (Breaking news, area woman conflicted about cheese crackers.) Even the cheesiest of cheese crackers still taste mostly like cracker. And I am never clear about the function of a cheese-flavored cracker. Are you supposed to eat it by itself, or with cheese? The crackers above are pictured with cheese, but is that a hint about what the crackers are supposed to taste like or a serving suggestion?

I did a bit of research and discovered that, in fact,these crackers are not exactly what they seem:
http://garlicgulch.com/blog/false-advertising-trader-joes-gorgonzola-crackers-contain-no-gorgonzola/

The dark underbelly of the cheese cracker reveals itself. I may never be the same.


No comments: